Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Keeping One's Heart Focused

Moulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi saheb mentions a method so that one's heart remains focused whilst reciting Qur'aan.

Before one begins recitation, one should think,'If my close family and friends were to ask me to recite Qur'aan before them and I begin reciting Qur'aan so that they may listen, how exactly would I recite? Would I make a big show and recite with tarteel*, or would I recite in any way without paying much attention?'

After this one should ponder, 'Allah Ta'aala has ordered me to recite the Qur'aan and He is listening to me; His pleasure is more necessary than the pleasure of my close ones'.

With this thought, one should begin recitation. If in the midst of recitation one has forgotten this thought, discontinue recitation and refresh the thought in ones mind.

Insha Allah in a few days this feeling shall remain intact.

Adapted from Malfoozat Hakeemul Ummat
vol 12, pg 123


*Tarteel is to recite the Qur'aan in a slow, measured tone.
Note: Jazakumullahu Khairan to those who helped me in translating some Urdu words. Baaraka Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment