In the 60s when the Arab/North African countries were gaining their independence, Moulana Yusuf Rahmatullahi 'Alayh decided to dispatch various 'ulama to different countries. Moulana Umar Palanpuri saheb Rahmatullahi 'Alayh was sent as well.
Moulana Umar Rahmatullahi 'Alayh gave a talk one day. Out of the many, only a single man stayed behind to listen to the talk. Moulana saheb gave a two hour long talk for this single man.
|Ikhlaas ~ Sincerity|
However, in the end he realized that this man was deaf! Out of respect, this deaf man had decided to stay back and 'listen' to Moulana saheb's talk. Rather than feeling heart sore, Moulana saheb decided to write down the six points* and give it to this man.
A few years later, Moulana Umar Rahmatullahi 'Alayh travelled to that same place. He came to discover that the very place he had given a two hour talk to a deaf person... that place was now a markaz!
This is the power of Allah Ta'aala. He does not need an army; a single Moulana and a single man who cannot even hear were enough for His work.
What counts is the sincerity and the belief that Allah Ta'aala is the one one who is in control of all that happens.
Adapted from Saturday Majlis of Mufti Ebrahim Salejee saheb
* The six points referred to here are mentioned frequently in Tableeghi Jamaat. They refer to six qualities that were possessed by all of the companions of Rasullullah Salla Allahu Alayhi wa Sallam.
They are as follows
- Emaan ie the Kalima La Ilaaha Illa Allah Muhammadur Rasulullah
- 'Ilm and Zikr ie Knowledge and Remembrance of Allah Ta'aala
- Ikraamul Muslimeen ie Helping out ones fellow Muslims
- Ikhlaasun Niyyah ie Sincerity of Intention
- Da'wah and Tableegh ie Inviting people to Islam