Friday, July 1, 2011

Our Journey...

 
Through the twisted paths I traverse
Assuming that I have none other than He
That only the light of my guide was there
Allowing my eyes to understand what I see

Surprised I am when between the shadows
A forlorn traveller is what my eyes see
 And suddenly a warmth fills my heart
As gentle as the light now guiding me

Pushing passed the obstacles I go forth
Eagerly I offer him my cold hand
“I know who you are,” is what I say
“You are the one who will understand”

“Oh traveller, our journey is the same
And I know of this fact full well
For if it was not then why are you
Alone in this place, do tell?"

My hand is grasped along with a smile
And once he stands I realize
Though he may need my support
I am in need of his wise eyes

For were we both not shown the light
That we had for a long time sought?
And have we both not traversed and seen
Hardships that the other may have not?

The traveler smiles and nods his head
“Let us continue our journey together, my friend
Our guide will surely show us the path
And together we shall reach our desired end.”
*****
Dedicated to those who are friends for the sake of Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala.

5 comments:

  1. Assalamu Alaikum

    As we say here, you killed it! MashAllah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa Alaikum Assalaam

    @ binte sulaiman- I thought 'you killed it' means 'very horrible indeed!'. I guess not :D

    @ Hubb E Ilahi- May Allah keep you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ shawkah - I guess it'd depend on the context you used it in :D But I assure I meant it as "I absolutely loved it" :D

    ReplyDelete