Wednesday, February 9, 2011

On Rabee'ul Awwal- Moulana Yunus Patel Saheb

"In this month of Rabee'ul Awwal, there will definetely be lots of seminars, lots of programmes, lots of discussions, lots of conferences, lots of everything. There's nothing wrong with it, if it is in the perimeters of Shari'ah. But, what is really required is 'amal on those ta'leem that are taking place, 'amal on those teachings that are taking place on Nabi Alayhis Salaatu was Salaam. 

"There is no book of love in which it is stated that a person can claim that "I love someone but I do everything in opposition to the one I love". Can that ever be in any book of love? We all know about sensual love, and all illicit love relationships. Can anybody say, "Look, I'll do everything against you; everything you say you love and you like, I will dislike; and I will dress like your enemies, my fashion and my style will be like your enemies; my habits will be like your enemies; my discussion and everything else, my total lifestyle will be in opposition... but I claim I love you greatly". That just cannot happen, it's not acceptable in anybody's language.

"So like that, Nabi 'Alayhis Salaatu was Salaam's love demands certain things, 'amal on the teachings of the Qur'aan and the Sunnah. Nabi 'Alayhis Salaatu was Salaam's lifestyle must become beloved to us. Even though there may be some weakness in our lives... but we must truly love Nabi 'Alayhis Salaatu was Salaam's teachings and his lifestyle. There may be weakness because of our environment, we may not be able to make 'amal on certain aspects. 

"I've discussed this many times in details that because we are weak, Nabi 'Alayhis Salaatu was Salaam did not impose upon us certain things that he chose for himself... the 2 x 2 room.... sometimes the stove did not light for two months on end. Nabi 'Alayhis Salaatu was Salaam did not keep even two coins for the next day. Many of those things he chose for himself, but he didn't impose on us. He gave us the Shari'ah which is very practical, very easy, very beautiful; it's got perfection in it. Ashal, Ajmal, Akmal. That is what he gave to us. 

"If you read the Qur'aan Shareef and you read the Ahadeeth of Nabi 'Alayhis Salaatu was Salaam, and you look at the teaching of the Qur'aan and the Sunnah, what we call the Shari'ah, then that we will find very practical, very beautiful, very easy; the richest of the rich and the poorest of the poor can make 'amal. There is no question that every person must destroy his home and must live in a hut or a shack. But, make 'amal on his teachings."

Taken from Zikr Majlis, Thurday 3rd February 2011 at Musjid Nur, Asherville.

No comments:

Post a Comment