Sunday, May 22, 2011

Allahu Allah, Allahu Allah


Har dam karoon mein ai Mere Baari
Allahu Allah, Allahu Allah

Jab Saans loon mein ho jaye jaari
Allahu Allah, Allahu Allah

This is what I ended my last entry with. I didn’t translate it, though, probably because I was too lazy. However I was planning to translate it in a new entry, for they are beautiful verses, and their meaning should be known. Once again, please forgive the translation if it seems not poetic, but rather focus on the words themselves.

Har dam karoon mein ai Mere Baari
Allahu Allah, Allahu Allah
Every moment I should (say) Oh my Maker
Allahu Allah, Allahu Allah

Jab Saans loon mein ho jaye jaari
Allahu Allah, Allahu Allah
When I breathe out, let (these words) flow
Allahu Allah, Allahu Allah

And why not? If Allah Ta’aala is blessing us every moment of every day, is it not our duty that we remember Him every moment of every day? Say a friend gifts Zaid* with something he really like, something that he wanted and needed. Zaid will probably spend days talking about that gift, and every time he sees this friend who gave him the gift, he will make some mention and also some thanks.

Now Allah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala has gifted us with those things which can never even be counted. If I had not hands, how would I type? If you had not eyes, how would you read? If there was no air, then how would we breathe? And so many countless bounties of His we are being gifted every moment of our lives.

So if we’re thankful to a friend for a gift, then is Allah not an infinite times more deserving of our thanks and gratitude?

 فَاذْكُرُونِي أَذْكُرْكُمْ وَاشْكُرُوا لِي وَلَا تَكْفُرُونِ

Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and reject not Faith.
Surah Baqarah, Aayah 152
 *****
*Zaid is just an example. In Arabic and Urdu, the name Zaid, Amr and Bakr are used when having to cite examples.

1 comment: