Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I don't Know Best... ALLAH does!

 إِلَّا مَا شَاءَ اللَّهُ إِنَّهُ يَعْلَمُ الْجَهْرَ وَمَا يَخْفَىٰ

Except what Allah, may will, He knows what is apparent and what is hidden. (Suratul-A'laa, aayah 7)

Just last Saturday night I was chatting with my father on the phone. When he asked about the weather in my city of residence, I replied that it is so hot here that you can't even think of wearing shoes, let alone wearing socks! Such certainty I was filled with, that I even added that even if it rained in this city, it was still hot and humid outside.

Well I was proven wrong just the next day.

From Sunday, to Monday, until now Tuesday morning, it has been cold, so cold that I am contemplating socks. My husband decided to take a woolen shawl before going to work. I am drinking a hot beverage while typing this.

I guess this proves one thing: I don't know best... ALLAH does! It's almost as if the cold weather was sent just to prove me wrong. And Alhamdu Lillah, I have learnt my lesson.



No comments:

Post a Comment