Tuesday, March 1, 2011

As Long as He is Pleased

In life there are so many things we have to do. Everyday there are responsibilities we must uptake, rights we must fulfil, be they the rights of people, or the rights of the Almighty, Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'aala.

But we must remember one thing, when it comes to whom we please, first and foremost is always Allah. We must ponder over our intentions and then see, "Is my Allah pleased with me at this moment? If I go through with this, will my Allah be happy with me?"

If the answer is yes, then care not about what anyone else thinks, because your fate does not lie in their hands, it lies in the hands of Rahmaanur Raheem. See for yourself, when you try to please people without keeping Allah in mind, then you will never succeed in making everyone happy. No one will be satisfied with you always; there will always be something about you they want to tweak to make you suit them.

But when Allah is always in your mind, then you will automatically do those things that are right, whether it's fulfilling Allah's rights (ie the faraaidh, wajibaat etc), or whether it's the rights of the people around us. Fulfilling the rights of others does not mean we do what they want us to do. It means that we serve and treat them as Allah the Supreme ordered us to. 

And this way at least we will have a clear conscious, that "Alhamdu Lillah, I have fulfilled my duty to the best of my ability for the pleasure of Allah Tabaaraka wa Ta'aala; now I leave the results in His hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment