Friday, March 18, 2011

Despair Not, Oh Traveller!

وَقُلْ رَبِّ اغْفِرْ وَارْحَمْ وَأَنْتَ خَيْرُ الرَّاحِمِينَ


And say, "Oh Lord, forgive me and have mercy, for you are the best of the merciful ones. (Suratul Muminoon, aayah 118)

***


The traveller stands in despair
Tears flowing from his eyes
He wishes to be cleansed once and for all
Sweat and grime decorate his clothes
Dust and dirt is the crown on his head
Such is the state of his true self
Encrusted with sins, tainted with disobedience
How is it possible to rid himself of this filth?
How he wishes to plunge into the ocean before him
The beautiful sparkling water of forgiveness
Crystal clear and so inviting
Just one step he has to take yet he goes no further
“I am so dirty” is his claim
“If I step inside the ocean will become dirty
"If I wash myself, this beautiful water will lessen"
The ocean glimmers, so serene and yet poweful
“Oh you fool!” is the call from the waters
“Do you think cleansing your sins will leave me tainted?
“Do you think you think my waters will decrease even a drop?
“Oh you fool!
“Millions have I cleansed before you
“Yet I remain as I am
“Pristine and complete
“Nothing is there that can tarnish my water
“So dive deep within me
“And be submerged as long as you will
“And herein you will find that which you yearn for
“A purified soul to show before your Master”


***

This was inspired from something Moulana Yunus Patel Damat Barakatuhum mentioned in last nights Zikr Majlis.
Link

2 comments: