Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sportmania: Taking Stock

Dear sincere Muslim, Dear follower and true lover of Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam):

While the sportmania has gripped the world, sit back briefly and ask yourself the following questions:

1. Am I also overwhelmed by all the media hype about a bunch of people kicking a ball around? (If yes, it means the propaganda machine has found another victim.)

2. Have I ever missed any salaah, or missed performing it with Jama’ah in the Musjid, due to sports? (If yes, then sports is your terrible enemy since it is taking you on the path of Allah Ta’ala’s wrath!)

3. Do I know more about kaafir sports stars than what I know about Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)? (If yes, ... no words can describe something so ghastly. Stop! For Allah’s sake stop ... Stop and make amends, before your heart stops and it is too late.)

4. Since most people have been caught up in this insane frenzy, will I also blindly follow the hordes irrespective of what effect it has on my Imaan? Or do I have the courage of my convictions to say “Enough is enough!?” (Answer that with the Imaan in your heart!)

No comments:

Post a Comment